Friday, April 1, 2011

what is a good place in Singapore to live at

what is a good place in Singapore to live at?
I'm plan to move there i.e get a job, apartment and everything. Can I get a job right away?
Singapore - 15 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No you cant. And you cant move there to live so easily either. I was talking to some of them recently. It is easier to get there through study. Find someone there through chat rooms etc and get some more info. Good luck!
2 :
Any neighbourhood in Singapore is good to live in. We have everything in every area. As Singapore are small, it is easy & convenient for us to travel around. We have good transportation systems, shopping centres & eateries are everywhere etc. As for the job, not sure though. You might need to get in touch with expatriates / foriegners who have experience in finding jobs in Singapore. Good Luck.
3 :
Yup...Singapore is small so living anywhere in here you'll find no problem in terms of transportation,shops etc. Try to look for agents that may help you find jobs in Singapore,they may even help you with the lodgings and documentation. If You can't find any then you may want to apply for jobs through Internet first through websites such as jobs db, st701,and many other job-search sites. Best is if you have contact here, and you know the company you want to join then you can apply directly to them.If your qualification/experience meet their requirement they will surely employ you. Good Luck!
4 :
Can you get a job right away? That depends on what job u're looking for. In recent years, the S'pore government has been encouraging foreign 'talents' to work in S'pore. Besides, people I know have been leaving S'pore, me & my wife (Japan), her cousin & her husband (Australia), my ex-colleague(Japan), my ex-client(China) etc. I guess when people leave, spaces is created and in order to fill them, hiring foreigners is one of the alternatives. Good place to live in? Personally, I prefer the west side. I'm not a big fan of the Punggol, Hougang estates. I dun think those places are very accessible. Eg, to get to downtown, one can only use Central expressway, which is always conjested. But from the west(Jurong), you can choose between Pan Island Ex or Ayer Rajah Ex. Sure, some might say that the air in the west side is polluted as its the main heavy industry area in S'pore. But the north-east is just as bad, as right across the strait is a bunch of M'sian factories blowing out thick smoke. Central is great if you can afford the rent. East side is not too bad but somehow I just never really like it over there. Hope you find my advice useful.
5 :
I live at Marine Parade, accordingly to statistic, 70% of the residential there are elderly. But I simply just love the place. It's just minutes walk to the seaside. Town area is just 5 minutes drive via ECP. Many good foods nearby such as Joo Chiat, Siglap, East Coast Road, Katong and etc.... Most important is the residential here are more patient and friendly. Whether you can get a job right away, sorry, even as a local I need 2 years to get my current job.
6 :
lousy place
7 :
yes
8 :
Job? Immediately? I don't think so unless you are an expert or something. Getting into Singapore? Want to be a Singapore PR? Not so easy. I think you will neeed some money (quite a lot of $$$ if I am not wrong)and a lot of document.... to be a Singapore PR. Singapore is also a great place. I am a Singapore Citizen and proud to be a Singaporean. I am currently living in Yishun and I am very happy. This town is currently being upgraded. Over all Singapore is very good. If you want me to grade the country i give 98/100.
9 :
very expensive
10 :
u cant
11 :
Well, with the current booming economy, I'd have have to say that yes, you will be able to find a job, provided you have the necessary skills and qualifications. Although Singapore is a small country with a highly sophisticated transportation network, you might want to live near your work place to maximise your time. Rentals have generally risen over the past few months, and you might want to do some homework first before deciding on where you want to stay. Hope this helped :)
12 :
lousy place
13 :
not easy
14 :
why??
15 :
Singapore is not a cheap place to live. Rent is very expensive and going up all the time. Personally we live about 5 minutes away from East Coast Park, overlooking the river and just a short walk across the footbridge to the Indoor Stadium. We love it here. Taxis, shuttle buses, buses are all aplenty. As for the job right away, I don't know, look on websites etc, what type of job do you want to get?






Read more discussions :

Search News