Friday, December 21, 2012

How do I file for a patent or industry design in U.S if I live outside the States

How do I file for a patent or industry design in U.S if I live outside the States? Thanks. ?
I am not an American. I live in Singapore. But I have a new idea. Thanks again.
Law & Ethics - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There may be laws about disclosing an invention outside of Singapore without first getting a foreign filing license from some agency of Singapore. Therefore, you should probably contact an attorney in Singapore. A Singapore patent attorney will probably have contacts in the US who will file the application for you there. If there are no Singapore patent attorneys, then you can contact a U.S. Attorney or Agent directly. To find one go to www.uspto.gov and use the index to find the Roster of Attorney's and Agents.





Read more discussions :

Search News